Every medical aspirant has a dream of becoming a doctor from a leading medical university in Russia or another reputed nation of their choice. There are plenty of explanations as to know is it worth studying medical education in Russia? but before that let’s see a few interesting facts about Russia.
Russia is well-known for its very strong and advanced education system. Russia has a literacy rate of 99.6% which is the highest literacy rate in the world. Owing to its high quality of teaching and cost efficiency, Russia attracts a big number of international students, mainly those who want to study MBBS in Russia. Their academic standards are at par with European standards. Likewise, Russian universities are known to grow with time and regularly revamp their curricula basis the latest modifications.
Now let’s begin to find answers to all your questions related to the same.
Why Should You Choose Russia to Study MBBS?
Russia holds the 30th rank among the top 100 medical universities in the globe, ranked by the World Health Organization (WHO). More than 57 medical universities in Russia provide MBBS degree programs to international students. Also, with the student-teacher ratio of 1:7, the education quality is unmatched.
It was earlier assumed that students pursuing education in Russia face a language barrier, but not anymore. With more than 12 medical universities welcoming English as the medium to study, Russia is a renowned MBBS goal of study abroad for students from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and many more countries.
Top Reasons to Study MBBS Medical Education in Russia
Russia is the most preferred nation when it comes to medical studies due to the various reasons or benefits like climatic conditions of Russia, availability of various facilities, living costs, and availability of top-ranked medical colleges which are recognized by MCI & WHO, Local community of Russia.
Now here are some major reasons for you if you are desiring to study MBBS in Russia:
1. No Donation & No Entrance Exam
- The medical Institutes of Russia do not ask for any type of donation while offering admission to the students which completely relies on their NEET exam Score and other eligibility criteria.
- No entrance examinations are needed for Indian students who want to pursue MBBS medical education in Russia. Students get admission based on their Higher Secondary Education (HSE) scores.
2. Admission Process Is Very Easy and Simple
The process of getting admission to Russia for MBBS is very simple. Medical Universities in Russia do not demand Indian students to give any entrance tests for admission to MBBS programs in Russia. Admissions are fully based on the marks got in the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (intermediate) and NEET-UG examination.
3. Suitable Tuition Fees
As opposed to the fees in Indian Institutes, the fee structure of Russian Medical Colleges to study MBBS is relatively lower and more inexpensive. It varies between 4 lakhs to 8 lakhs per annual.
4. MBBS Degrees Approved Globally
The MBBS degree followed by the students after finishing the full course is accepted globally. The MBBS degrees are granted to the students by the Universities which are Authorized and Approved by MCI and WHO. MBBS course degree from Russian University is acknowledged in India as well as other countries. So MBBS degree holders can practice in India as well as in-country of their selection and preferences.
5. Indian Food & Hostel Facilities Available
- The Russian universities provide Indian mess facilities to their students. If you are an Indian student you will get both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian choices in your food. Also, you will find many restaurants in Russia that serve the best Indian food.
- Hostel facilities for students are up to the mark. There is no doubt that when you are selecting any of the universities for MBBS medical education in Russia, they also suggest the alternative for you to pick the hostel. All the hostel rooms are well-equipped and you can effortlessly keep them in the surroundings.
6. European Standard of Living
Compared to some other European nations, Russia is not very costly. Higher education for Indian students or students from any other country in Russia is funded by the government.
7. Scholarship Opportunities
Russia provides plenty of free tuition possibilities to foreign students who wish to study MBBS through scholarships every year.
8. Study in English
It is good news for Indian students who are desiring to study medical education in Russia as most of the universities in Russia have an English medium curricula/syllabus for Indian medical students.
9. 100% Visa Guarantee
With the comfortable visa approval facilities and suitable or timely application process, any Indian student can conveniently apply for a Russian visa. The Russian government makes several actions to help the Indian students quickly get visas to set foot in the Russian borders.
Top Medical Universities in Russia with Fee Structure 2022/23
|Name of The University||Tuition Fees/Year
(In US Dollars)
(In Indian Rupees)
(In US Dollars)
(In Indian Rupees)
|Altai State Medical University||3700 USD||Rs. 284,436||500 USD||Rs. 38,438|
|Lomonosov Moscow State University||6862 USD||Rs. 527,674||1429 USD||Rs. 109,872|
|Kazan Federal University||5500 USD||Rs. 422,821||1000 USD||Rs. 76,887|
|Smolensk State Medical University||5500 USD||Rs. 422,821||350 USD||Rs. 26,910|
|Kursk State Medical University||5100 USD||Rs. 392,071||1000 USD||Rs. 76,887|
|Crimean Federal University||4250 USD||Rs. 326,725||600 USD||Rs. 46,133|
|Bashkir State Medical University||3500 USD||Rs. 269,068||900 USD||Rs. 69,200|
|Orel State Medical University||3300 USD||Rs. 253,733||200 USD||Rs. 15,375|
|Omsk State Medical University||2100 USD||Rs. 161,466||500 USD||Rs. 38,438|
Note: 1 USD = 76.8980 INR
1 INR = 0.0130042 USD
Admission Process for MBBS in Russia
Undoubtedly, the admission procedure for Russian universities is one of the most uncomplicated ones in the globe.
- Firstly, you have to explore and select one of the most appropriate universities you desire to apply to for the MBBS course in Russia.
- Secondly, you have to contact them via their official website.
- After this, you will fill in the admission form available on their website.
- The form will have detailed information for the required documents that need to be submitted along with the application form.
- Afterward, you have to upload all the necessary documents and submit the form.
- After this, If everything goes well, you will get an invitation letter by mail from the university.
- Once you get the invitation letter, you need to pay the admission course fees applicable for the specific medical education in Russia courses.
- Lastly, once the payment is done, you can proceed to apply for your Visa.
Necessary list of Documents mandated for MBBS admission procedure in Russia
- Indian Nationality Certificate.
- 10th & 12th mark sheets.
- Birth Certificate for age verification.
- Character certificate
- Transfer/leaving certificate (TC) from the previous school attended.
- NEET test scorecard.
- A valid passport with a minimum 18 months at the moment of applying.
- A student Visa for Russia.
- Passport size photos.
- HIV (-)ve test report is a compulsory requirement.
- Bank account statements.
- Fees paid receipt for the admission seat secured.
- Medical certificate for physical wellness affirmation.
- Invitation letter copy from the applied Russian Medical University.
- Authorized documents from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), India.
- Consent of all your documents from the Russian Embassy.
What Is the Eligibility for Studying MBBS Medical Education in Russia?
Admissions are based on the previous academic scores of candidates. Some primary criteria to be eligible:
- The aspirant has a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 in the science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology).
- The applicant must be 17 years old by December 31 of the year of admission to the MBBS course in Russian universities.
- Indian candidates must qualify for NEET Examination to get admission.
- The candidate is not suffering from any infectious disease i.e. HIV AIDS, tuberculosis, etc.
- There are no entrance examinations like TOEFL/IELTS score and the admissions are precisely on a first-come-first-served basis.
Wish to study MBBS abroad?
Haven’t you decided yet?
As we have already seen there is a number of advantages and reasons to choose to study medicine in Russia. Moreover, When we speak about what are the disadvantages of MBBS study in Russia then there are no such major disadvantages. Finally, it would be fair to round up this conversation with a clear footmark of the MBBS in Russia fee structure along with other important details. It can be remarked that financial assistance provided by the Russian Government makes medical studies comparatively cheaper in Russia. The moderate annual fees for MBBS in Russia are somewhere between 2.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs. This seems like a great chance to get medical education in Russia, isn’t it?